His Excellency Dr. Gohar Ejaz,
Federal Minister for Commerce and Industries & Production of Pakistan;
His Excellency Murtaza Solangi,
Federal Minister for Information & Broadcasting of Pakistan;
His Excellency Major General Waseem Iftikhar Cheema,
Director General of Joint Information & Intelligence Operation, JSHQ Chaklala Gar, Rwp;.
His Excellency Atadjan Movlamov,
Dean of Diplomatic Corps & Ambassador of Turkmenistan to Pakistan;
ASEAN Heads of Mission in Islamabad;
Excellencies, Members of the Diplomatic Corps;
Members of the Media;
Distinguished Guests, Ladies and Gentlemen,
Assalamualaikum and a Very Good Evening.
Bohat Sukriye for your presence this evening to celebrate the National Day and Armed Forces Day of Malaysia.
My wife Amelia, my team at the High Commision and I are deeply honoured by your presence. Selamat Datang (Welcome).
Excellencies, Ladies and Gentlemen,
- This year the theme of the National Day Celebration is Malaysia MADANI: Tekad Perpaduan Penuhi Harapan’ In English, it means ‘Determination in Unity, Fulfilling Hope’. The theme calls on Malaysians to strengthen our resolve and spirit of unity in facing adversities and challenges together as a nation and one people.
- Malaysia takes pride in its unity in diversity blessed with a rich tapestry of cultures, languages and traditions. As we progress ahead, we have forged a strong sense of nationhood based on our aspiration, shared values, and mutual respect among our diverse ethnicities.
- Malaysia takes pride in its relationship with Pakistan. Malaysia and Pakistan have been enjoying years of strong bilateral cooperation that has greatly contributed to our expanding partnership. In March 2019, Malaysia and Pakistan elevated our bilateral relationship to Strategic Partnership.
- Both our countries share similar positions at the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM), Organisation of Islamic Conference (OIC) and G-77. Pakistan is a Sectoral Dialogue Partner of ASEAN and member of ASEAN Regional Forum (ARF)
- Over the years, Malaysia and Pakistan have collaborated in key areas of nation building, from culture and tourism, defense and security, education, economic and trade, health, human resource and capacity building, parliamentary and people-to-people contacts.
- Our economic ties continue to flourish, with bilateral trade reaching new heights, benefiting both our nations. The Malaysian palm oil industry has found a conducive market in Pakistan.
- On defense cooperation, Malaysia and Pakistan enjoy strategic partnership relations. On this occasion, I extend my gratitude to the leadership of the Pakistan Armed Forces for the close cooperation in strengthening the relationship between our two armed forces.
- In the education sector, Malaysia is a preferred destination for Pakistani students seeking higher education. Close to 5,000 Pakistani students are currently pursuing their studies in Malaysia.
Excellencies, Ladies and Gentlemen,
- As Malaysia celebrates our National Day and Armed Forces Day, we look to the future with a deep sense of optimism.
- As High Commissioner of Malaysia to Pakistan, I am committed to advancing the Malaysia-Pakistan relationship.
- I envision a future where our two nations collaborate hand-in-hand, where our economic ties are flourishing, and where our cultures and traditions as well as brotherly people-to-people ties continue to deepen.
- In conclusion, let us celebrate this event not only as a commemoration of Malaysia’s anniversary of Independence but also as a testament to the long-lasting relationship between Malaysia and Pakistan.
Together, we have achieved so much. Together, we would achieve more in the years to come. Insyallah. Thank You, Bohat Shukriya, and Terima Kasih.
Malaysia-Pakistan Dosti Zindabad!